Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The New Crewel by Katherine Shaughnessy - Review



I found this book in Barnes and Noble the other day, and skimmed through it. The directions and designs are comprehensive, if you can get past the bad puns (Like, "It's a crewel world out there, but you can do it!")

The designs are pretty basic, and nothing that would win the creative art award of super-cool, but they go over all of the basic stitches taught in the book at least once, and are useful. I reccommend this book for anyone who wants to learn the modern embroidery technique known as crewel.

The book currently costs $10.17 on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

pamela said...

Do you remember if she gave reference to any suppliers? I've been looking for crewel thread with no luck so far.

Ms. Flying Turtle said...

Unfortunately not, but I think she listed sources in a bibliography.

If push comes to shove, I reccommend researching independent yarn and thread makers on the web, and contacting them directly.