Monday, January 29, 2007

Sculpture in a Box



I found this fun toy in the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington, DC. It's also for sale in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

"Sculpture in a box" is a collection of Calder-esque shapes that snap together and interlock. I nearly bought one, but then I remembered my budget. As in, I'm broke. Depressing.

Also in the Hirshhorn was this really fun novelty by the people at Optigone. It's a portable, personal, no-electricity required hologram device. I had to buy one. It's currently in my foyer, and my new favorite thing to do is watch as guests try to figure out why they can't grab that chocolate...

In other news, Luster has some new collections in time for Valentines Day, and Zlanarama has a bunch of new trinkets in.

No comments: