Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ikea? Spoka, Spoka!



Forgive me, O God of Blogs, for I have sinned. As in, I haven't updated in all of a month. I wish I had an excuse. You know, my sewing machine rebeled against me and ate my foot, or something along those lines. Unfortunately, my sewing machine is very patient with this poor, untalented DIYer, so I can't hold anything against it.

But nevertheless!

Spoka is a cute nightlight made of rubber. I found him the other day in Ikea, while shopping for planters (I ended up buying a sofa cover, some cork squares, an orchid and two Spokas). Spoka is adorable, easy to plug in, and he lights up my entire room at night. Quite a surprise, considering the room I have him lighting up is the kitchen! He seems pretty child-proof (he was in the child section of Ikea, for heaven's sake) although I wouldn't reccommend throwing him off of any banisters. You turn him on and off by pressing down on the top of his head.

In addition to blue, Spoka also comes in red and green. Their heights vary as well, with red-Spoka being the tallest, and green-Spoka being the shortest.

New updates will come this week, including book reviews, magazine reviews, and something else! I'll think of it, I promise.

No comments: